In 2015 and for the first time in its 69 years of history, the American Society for Quality has established a Quality Award for Professionals outside of Americas. ASQ UAE Quality Professionals Award; is the first award of its type in the Middle East carrying global ASQ brand. The award’s first cycle was launched under the patronage of H.E. Shaikha Lubna Al Qasimi, UAE Minister of International Co-operation & Development. In 2018, and after the success of the first 3 cycles of the award, the journey continues with a new cycle that solicits the application from Quality Professionals at two different levels, Senior and Middle Management. In addition, the award will be eligible for applicants who work as independent consultants. Applicants in this subcategory will be assessed independently.
The main objectives for establishing this award are to:
- Recognize the achievements, efforts & contribution of quality professionals.
- Encourage quality professionals to contribute to the quality profession.
- Motivate other professionals to excel in their field.
The award is designed on the principles of:
The award has a clearly defined process, criteria and governing rules, including an independent quality assurance mechanism to avoid subjectivity and the influence of personal opinions in the nominations evaluation process. Measures to ensure anonymity of nominations were taken into consideration while developing the award application.
The award criteria and scoring process have been established with diligent efforts to ensure the nominations evaluation process is carried out in a just manner that reflects the credibility of the award.
The award process offers utmost transparency in all its milestones, applicants will be made aware of their application status and the results of the evaluation process and scoring in a timely manner. Nominees’ questions, if any, will be addressed in an accurate and direct manner.
An independent QA professional is assigned to audit the award process and ensure compliance with the award set principles.
- High standards & performance:
With its thorough criteria and objective scoring process, the award incorporates high performance standards that guarantee the award winners a distinguished recognition in Quality.
We hope that this award will be an engaging journey for all quality professionals who want to pursue their quest for excellence and raise the Voice of Quality and their profiles in UAE.
Award nomination process
The award can be either self or peer nomination, for Quality professionals in Senior Management (above 20 years of experience) or Middle Management (10 to 20 years of experience) roles, all sectors included. Consultants can apply in a separate third category and will be assessed independently. Applicants in each of these three sub categories will be assessed independently, based on predetermined criteria relevant to their role, expertise & achievements. For each of the previously mentioned sub categories, the ASQ UAE Quality Professional Award will be awarded once a year, to a maximum of three professionals. The winner(s) in all 3 sub categories will be recognized in a formal ceremony, in the presence of UAE dignitaries and quality professionals.
Winners will benefit from recognition for their contribution to Quality, professional and personal accomplishments and will raise their profile as distinguished quality professionals.
Award general terms & conditions
- It is a condition of nomination that all rules are accepted as final and that the nominee agrees to abide by these rules.
- The decision of the judges is final; there will be no correspondence between the judging panel and the nominees except the feedback report received from the Award management.
- Both anonymity and confidentiality of the nominations and information received will be ensured at all process stages:
- All applications will be viewed only by the administrators, award manager, members of the assessment team and judges.
- All applications and entries received through the system, along with all supporting information will remain confidential.
- Applications will be reviewed anonymously by the assessment team and judges.